ahoj


Zounds. A hearty welcome to the internet blog thing that we set up for our zine distro. It's called hoojemaflap because we're simply amazing at um, like naming ... stuff yeah?

Tuesday 27 October 2009

Distro at actual gig shock!

After a rather long break from taking zines to shows I finally overcame the laziness last night to go to Social Circkle at the Greenhouse Effect in Hove. It was actually a really good show, I'd never been to the venue before but it was a nice dingy little basement affair with reasonably good sound, the only downside was the utterly ridiculouse bar prices, £3.30 for a pint of Strongbow! Social Circkle were pretty awesome and I would have liked to get a record but had spent all my money on a No Hope For The Kids record before said awesomeness was established. The support bands were Nowhere Fast, The Hard Way and the Teen Sheikhs who were all really good. I'm going to have to track down the Nowhere Fast 7" online I think.

The zine distro went ok, I was sharing a table with the Nowhere Fast guys but had enough room to spread out some zines and put the box on a stool for people to browse. Had a good few people flick through zines but only sold 3 inclusing the last copy of Ploppypants #8. Also sold one of our new additions, the Squatters Handbook 13th edition:




I'm feeling kind of motivated to take the distro to more gigs now. The next thing we've got lined up though (I think) is the Southampton zine fair 21st/22nd November:

No comments: